[xep-support] Java.Net.ConnectionException Connection refused for images

Durante, Elsa elsa.durante at hp.com
Wed Jun 13 09:10:55 PDT 2007

Hi Earl,

Sorry for the delayed response, I was out for a while.

Thank you for your help! This was exactly the problem! For some reason,
one of our domains requires the additional proxy settings while the
others didn't. This explained why one system was working and one wasn't.
When I plugged the working system into this domain, it started giving
the same connection refused messages. By adding a
CliserService.exe.config file to the C:\Program Files\RenderX\XEPWin
directory with the proxy settings, it started working.

Contents of CliserService.exe.config:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
	<appSettings>
		<add key="CliserService.JavaOptions"
		value="-Dhttp.proxySet=true
		-Dhttp.proxyHost=ourproxyserver.here.hp.com
		-Dhttp.proxyPort=8080" />
	</appSettings>
</configuration>

I did not know where to add the Java settings since I am calling XEP
through the .NET wrapper class XEP.dll, but this seemed to do the trick.

Many thanks to everyone for your help!!

-Elsa Durante