[xep-support] Java.Net.ConnectionException Connection refused for images

Hood, Earl earl.hood at hp.com
Tue Jun 12 14:24:21 PDT 2007

> Bummer, I guess the DITA-OT is bridging the gap for me. We have also
> used Saxon 6.5.5 and JRE 1.4 with DITA-OT 1.3.1 successfully.
> Good luck
> in finding the right combination. ~Dee

IIRC, there are system properties that control the behavior
of the default Http handler in Java (Sun's JVM).

If XEP is using the default handler to resolve URLs, then
you will need to set the proper system property so connections
will go thru your proxy.

The properties in question are:

	http.proxyHost
	http.proxyPort
	http.nonProxyHosts

You can use the -D options to java for setting system properties:

	java -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy.example.com ...

--ewh