[xep-support] Missing isoXXXX characters in output

David Nedrow dnedrow at usa.net
Fri Jan 27 03:54:14 PST 2006

On Jan 27, 2006, at 2:24 AM, Thomas Schraitle wrote:

>> The following...
>>
>> <title>a &ge; b + c</title>
>>
>>   ...should show the <= glyph representation in ...
>>
>> a <= b + c
>>
>> However, a blank space is inserted where the glyph should be.
>> [...]
>> I'm sure I've done this in the past, but I have no idea what's
>> happening now. Could it be a font issue?
>
> I think yes. The entity &ge; is in Unicode U+2265 and this glyph is
> probably not available in your font. Which fonts do you use?
>
> Possible solutions:
>
> 1. Use a font that contains lots of Unicode characters. :)

Hmmm. It's using Helvetica for the body elements and Times-Roman for
titles. I've verified that those are the fonts in the PDF output.

More interesting is the fact that, according to Apple's Character
Palette tool, the needed glyphs are available in each of those fonts.

So, given that, I'm still at a loss as to why the glyphs aren't showing.

-David