[xep-support] docbook-fo stylesheets library?

Dawid Weiss Dawid.Weiss at cs.put.poznan.pl
Wed Sep 10 14:43:31 PDT 2003

JB> It would be nice if there were a little more variety than is offered by the
JB> standard stylesheets.  There are so many interesting page layouts out there,
JB> it would be nice to have an entire library of stylesheet packages to
JB> generate any of several page layouts for DocBook.  (Maybe in a few more
JB> years.)

Yeah - this would be PERFECT...

JB> The trick, though, is the huge number of elements in DocBook.  Did
JB> you give any thought to importing selected portions of the DocBook
JB> stylesheets in your work?  I would imagine, for example, that you could
JB> import inline.xsl and block.xsl and instantly add support for several dozen
JB> elements.

The person that actually developed those customized stylesheets
(Staszek Osinski) wasn't too determined to support everything... and
the customization as I said was a lot of hacking anyway... But you are
certainly right - I'm sure many elements could be reused. It would
still take a loong time to develop a full coherent stylesheet...

Thanks for response, Jeff. I appreciate and I think it'll be a
valuable piece of information for XEP-docbook users too.

Dawid