[xep-support] XEP and fonts on Unix (AIX)

Chris Braddock smapdi636 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 15:36:03 PDT 2003

Hello.  I'm in the process of migrating an application from Win32 to Aix
4.3.

It seems to me XEP font configuration is the same on both operating systems.
  My question really is more of one regarding Aix and fonts in general.

Should I be able to simply copy my (Windows) TTF fonts over to a directory
on the Aix box and point to that directory in fonts.xml?

I'm asking because I've already tried this and gotten some strange results
(text is not rendering properly).

I'm wondering if Unix only supports certain types of fonts, or if conversion
is necessary or ???

Thanks

Chris Braddock