[xep-support] Type1 font

Geyrecker Andreas a.geyrecker at lexisnexis.at
Mon Feb 10 06:50:01 PST 2003

Hi,

we are using a Type1 Postscript-Font (Optima) and we are experiencing some
problems.
When I run xep all german umlauts, the german sharp s and some other glyphs
are missing.
In the afm file the EncodingScheme is set to AdobeStandardEncoding, but eg:
germandbls is mapped to 223 (00DF). I checked some other afm files (which
all worked) and always found the germandbls mapped to 251 (00FB).
Do you know what's wrong?
I have also tried to set up a glyphlist mapping but it failed.

Best regards
Andi Geyrecker
LexisNexis Austria