[xep-support] OpenType font embedding in PDF causing Postcript printers to crash

David Tolpin dvd at renderx.com
Sat Feb 1 14:30:47 PST 2003

> (among other things) I need to run through a PostScript printer. The PDF
> passes preflights, prints fine on an HP PCL printer but causes
> PostScript printers to crash and crashes Acrobat when I "save as"
> PostScript.  My speculation is that there is something wrong in the
> embedding.

Dear Ken,

would be very helpful to have:

1) exact diagnostics by Acrobat (if it crashes, then it is an Acrobat bug, isn't it --
but we are still ready and willing to try and find a solution)
2) a test sample consisting of
   - source .fo
   - font set and configuration
   - produced pdf.

If you can provide us with the sample, please
-- try to keep it as small as possible (I am behind a slow link)
-- send it off-list to support at renderx.com (and disregard the autoreply if you get it --
we'll receive your message anyway)

Thank you,
David Tolpin