[xep-support] OpenType font embedding in PDF causing Postcript printers to crash

Ken Brooks kbrooks at pubdimensions.com
Sat Feb 1 13:55:45 PST 2003

I've been having problems with embedded OpenType fonts in a PDF that
(among other things) I need to run through a PostScript printer. The PDF
passes preflights, prints fine on an HP PCL printer but causes
PostScript printers to crash and crashes Acrobat when I "save as"
PostScript.  My speculation is that there is something wrong in the
embedding.

Has anyone seen this before?

Ken