[xep-support] Creating a FO File

Andre Czaker andre.czaker at t-systems.de
Mon Jan 28 01:01:44 PST 2002

Hi,
cause I'am not really firm I don't know how to create a FO-File. I think it must be possible to create a FO-File out of an XML FIle that contains DATA and a XSL-File that contains the formatting-structure for the Data-XML-File. I have created the two files and I have tested them using the FOP-Renderer with the XML and the XSL-file as Parameter. In Xep there seems to be no way to pass two files as parameter. Xep need a FO-File. But how to create such a file. Can anybody tell me (exactly) whats to do with the XML and the XSL File. Which Software do i need ? which Tool do i have to use with which parameters ? I don't know much about XML but I think its the wrong way to create a FO-File manually by mixing formatting-structure and data in one file (thats the way i use Xep at this time). I will be glad on any assistance :-)

andre