[xep-support] How often does XEP.BAT use my graphic-URL?

Kirch Fritz Friedrich.Kirch at it2media.de
Thu Jul 30 23:44:41 PDT 2020

Hi RenderX-Support Team, hi Kevin

in my FO-file (see below and in appendix) you can find excatly one call of <fo:external-graphic> with a url to my graphic file.
When I use XEP.BAT to render FO into XEPOUT intermediate format, my server protocoll told me, that there are 3 calls fetching the pdf-graphic from my server.

I am wondering, why there are 3 calls?

With the processing instruction xep-out-embed-images:
    FO -> XEP calls my media server  3 times    and    XEP -> PDF calls my media server 0 times

Without the processing instruction xep-out-embed-images:
    FO -> XEP calls my media server  2 times    and    XEP -> PDF calls my media server 4 times

How can I minimize the number of calls to my media server?

Fritz Kirch
IT2media GmbH & Co KG
Nuremberg, Germany

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xep-out-embed-images true?>
                <fo:layout-master-set>
                               <fo:simple-page-master page-width="50mm" page-height="50mm" master-name="first">
                                               <fo:region-body display-align="center"/>
                               </fo:simple-page-master>
                </fo:layout-master-set>
                <fo:page-sequence master-reference="first">
                               <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
                                               <fo:block text-align-last="center">
                                               <fo:external-graphic src="url('http://mrq12.it2media.de:8081/mr/v01/~~~200/mediafile/id/41511906/filetype/pdf?mimetype=true')"/>
                                               </fo:block>