[xep-support] Trying to use XSLT 2.0 in an XEP transformation

Harvey, Paul J. EOP/OMB (Contractor) Paul_Harvey at omb.eop.gov
Wed Aug 28 13:21:19 PDT 2019

I am executing a shell script which contains something like this...

CP=$XEP_HOME/lib/xep.jar:$XEP_HOME/lib/saxon9.jar:$XEP_HOME/lib/xt.jar
$JAVA_HOME/bin/java -Xms64M  -Xmx1096M -cp $CP com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver $*

...the stylesheet I pass to the script contains some XSLT 2.0 stuff (a function call) and this is producing an error of the form...

The URI http://uri-for-function-namespace does not identify an external Java class

...which means, I think, that saxon9 is not being used even though I set it in the classpath. (I confirmed this by removing it from the classpath, and I get the same error.)
I confirmed that $XEP_HOME/lib/saxon9.jar works with a simple XSLT 2.0 transformation run with directly with it.

1)      Does my reasoning sound correct?

2)      How would I get the transformation to use saxon9 if setting it on the classpath is not working?

3)      Any other things you'd suggest I look at to solve this?

FYI, I don't with Java much, so my lack of knowledge there may be playing into this.

Thanks,

Paul