[xep-support] Re: Reversing order of page rendering

Kevin Brown kevin at renderx.com
Mon Aug 31 17:28:41 PDT 2015

While I know this is not exactly what you are looking for, this is like the
version #1 solution.

You could modify this to meet your goals of just reordering the second half
pages and put them into one page (not two on one).

Although based on your description, I will bet (without covers) this format
is really what the print would use to print a saddle-stitched book (but they
could have groupings that are not implemented in here . i.e. duplex,
bookfold pages in groups of 50 or so).

This took a sample PDF input (DocBook XSL.PDF) identified in "sample.xml"
and recreates it.

It has advanced support for "covers" when the first and last page were to
remain the same, the remainder where duplexed, bookfolded into two
pages/page.

You can see the output "sample.pdf" is just selectable PDF text (not an
image).

Kevin Brown

RenderX