[xep-support] Re: Reversing order of page rendering

Kevin Brown kevin at renderx.com
Mon Aug 31 11:50:06 PDT 2015

Jim:

It could be. I would guess it depends on what his printer wants (like
whether they do the fold or not). My examples both were from our experience
with Alphagraphics whom we do large service efforts for. We of course design
documents in standard pages but we deliver the bookfolded PDFs directly to
them for print. Like the attached which is produced with our software and a
quick reorg of the XEPOUT. Bookfolded, duplexed for booklet print with
injected backgrounds for the static information like the cover.

I would note that this is 100% RenderX including our experimental chart
stuff - those charts are all dynamic, on the fly. The backgrounds are
created already bookfolded and just injected into the XEPOUT at the same
time pages are combined as 8-1, 2-7, 6-3, 4-5. So printed duplex and folded
and you have a booklet.

Kevin