[xep-support] How to use <rx:pdf-file-attachment> without an icon?

Kirch Fritz Friedrich.Kirch at it2media.de
Thu Apr 23 00:30:26 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am using the XEP extension rx:pdf-file-attachment in order to append my xml source file to the resulting pdf-file.
This technic works pretty fine but I don’t like the icon, which is produced due to the specification

<!ENTITY % comments
  " pdf-sticky-note
  | pdf-file-attachment">

<!ELEMENT pdf-comment (%comments;)> <!-- just one particular comment! -->
<!ATTLIST pdf-comment
  content CDATA #IMPLIED
  title CDATA #REQUIRED
  color CDATA #IMPLIED
  opacity CDATA #IMPLIED>

<!ELEMENT pdf-sticky-note EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST rx:pdf-sticky-note
  icon-type ( comment | key | note | help | newparagraph
                      | paragraph | insert ) #IMPLIED
  open ( false | true ) #IMPLIED>

<!ELEMENT pdf-file-attachment EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST pdf-file-attachment
  src CDATA #REQUIRED
  filename CDATA #REQUIRED
  icon-type ( graph | pushpin | paperclip | tag ) #IMPLIED>

where rx:pdf-file-attachment is a child of a <rx:pdf-comment> with an implied icon-type.

Can anybody tell me how to avoid this visible icon?
Wouldn’t I be good if the icon-type can be extended with the value “no-icon” ?

I fully understand, that this icon has no influence on the printed pdf, but I cannot explain this to all of my customers.

By the way:
I took a second approach to reach my goal:
I used “pdftk” with option “attach_files” and my xml is attached to the pdf without any visible icon.
So in my humble opinion it is possible to avoid an icon for pdf-file-attachments.

Nevertheless I prefer to stay with RenderX rather than to mix with a second tool like pdftk

Kind regards

Friedrich Kirch
[Logo_IT2media]
IT2media GmbH & Co. KG, Pretzfelder Str. 13, 90425 Nürnberg ∙ Kommanditgesellschaft Sitz Nürnberg, HRA Nürnberg 12784 ∙ Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: IT2media Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH, Sitz Nürnberg, HRB Nürnberg 19511 ∙ Geschäftsführer: Dr. Gerhard Baier, Mathias Pauli

Diese E-Mail wurde auf Viren ueberprueft.
mailsweeper at it2media.de