[xep-support] Re: Rotate table spanning multiple pages

Armin Günther armin.guenther at zpid.de
Fri Jul 4 01:33:56 PDT 2014

Hi Ken,

Thank you very much! The example from your documentation worked out
nicely (though I would have liked to see example2.xsl, with changed
header/footer, which was not included in the zip-file) and I am adapting
it to my needs. I wonder whether alternating page headers (for odd and
even pages) might cause problems?

- Armin

Am 03.07.2014 18:54, schrieb G. Ken Holman:
> Not all XSL-FO processors support the behaviour you need.  When one of
> my clients needed this I created the PSMI semantic for this very use
> case that I've cited in its documentation:
>
>   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/#psmi
>
> I have used it successfully with RenderX.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> .. . . . . . . . . Ken
>
> At 2014-07-03 17:26 +0200, Armin Günther wrote:
>> I try to rotate a table using <fo:block-container
>> reference-orientation="90"> (see code below) but long tables run out of
>> the body region of the page and do not span across pages (they are
>> truncated at the right edge of the page). Is there a correct way to
>> rotate a table on a page (portrait) into landscape orientation such
>> that it is split at the right page margin and continued at the next
>> page?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Armin
>>

>>         <fo:flow flow-name="body">
>>             <fo:block>
>>                     <fo:block-container reference-orientation="90">
>>                         <fo:table-and-caption>
>>                             <fo:table-caption>
>>                                 <fo:block id="t1">
>>
>> <fo:wrapper>Table # <fo:block>Table caption</fo:block>
>>                                     </fo:wrapper>
>>                                 </fo:block>
>>                             </fo:table-caption>
>>                             <fo:table background-color="#eeeeee">
>

> --
> Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training |
> Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |
> Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/ |
> G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com |
> Google+ profile: http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |
> Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |
>

> ---
> protection is active.