[xep-support] Re: Strange auto table layout column widths

Bob Stayton bobs at sagehill.net
Tue Feb 25 12:27:30 PST 2014

Indeed, table-layout="auto" is the default, which is why the DocBook
stylesheet does not generate that property explicitly for XEP output.

Here is a link to a relatively understandable explanation of how auto
table column widths are supposed to be computed (it is from the CSS
standard, which the XSL-FO standard refers to):

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/tables.html#width-layout

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs at sagehill.net