[xep-support] Re: Unable to connect to XXX:6570 CLISER server

Kevin Brown kevin at renderx.com
Mon Dec 23 16:06:39 PST 2013

Darren:

That is usually a firewall on your machine although the JAVA-HOME directory
looks wrong to me and this could be it.

It is normally in Program Files or Program Files (X86) like here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6

If you examine processes in taskmanager after running Cliser and there is no
javaw.exe running, then you do not have Java at that location and certainly
not at the root of the JDK.

If that is not it ..

The .NET API speaks to the underlying service through ports as you can see
in the configuration.

These ports need to be open (even if only for localhost).

Using services, stop the Cliser service

Edit the CliserService.exe.config and limit the port range to 6570-6571
(unless you are running on a server, you do not need more than one and since
CLISER-SERVERS is set to 1, you only have "1" anyway. You need two ports for
each server.

Then check your firewall and make sure you open 6570 and 6571 to localhost.

Kevin Brown

RenderX