[xep-support] Re: Index page # wrap

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Fri Aug 16 07:10:05 PDT 2013

At 2013-08-16 09:46 -0400, Ute Methner wrote:
>I am wondering what you did to get the index in your user guide
>XEPUserGuide.pdf to display properly. We are using RenderX and the
>index that is generated is not very user friendly.

"properly" and "user friendly" are subjective.

>This is how we would like the page numbers to be displayed (the
>color of the page hyperlink not important):
>
>[]
>

>And this is how our page numbers are currently displayed using RenderX
>[]

The XSL-FO 1.1 construct that generates page numbers generates *only*
the page numbers ... not the index entry.  It is up to the stylesheet
writer to appropriately choose the formatting objects with which to
format the index entries and their page numbers.

 From your excerpts, it looks like XEP is handling the page numbers
as an inline construct and you are handling the page numbers as a
block construct.  If you want them on the same line, then format them
on the same line.

The formatting object <index-page-citation-list> simply generates a
sequence of glyphs.  It is up to you to format them.

I hope this is helpful.

!DSPAM:87,520e33689851238182833!