[xep-support] Rendering Thai font in PDF

Meyer, Lauren lmeyer at vocollect.com
Sat Sep 22 12:23:40 PDT 2012

I added the language pack from Windows XP SP3, so I have the official ttf files.  And I thought I had configured the Angsana New font correctly for Thai PDF output, but apparently something is still amiss.
Please help!

I am using oXygen 12.2 with XEP 4.19.

Xml:lang
Document.locale is th_TH

Xep.xml entry:

Font-mappings.xml entry example for Sans:
      <logical-font name="Sans">
          <physical-font char-set="default">
          </physical-font>
          <physical-font char-set="Simplified Chinese">
          </physical-font>
          <physical-font char-set="Japanese">
              <!-- <font-face>MS-Gothic</font-face> -->
          </physical-font>
          <physical-font char-set="Korean">
          </physical-font>
          <physical-font char-set="Thai">
          </physical-font> ...

The transform completes without error...no warnings or errors about fonts or glyphs in the log. In topic.fo, there is no evidence of Angsana font being set; only New Family (Arial) and the default font.  The PDF renders all Thai characters as little boxes, while the English characters render fine.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Lauren

*Lauren Meyer ***
Technical Writer
Vocollect, Inc.

This message is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action based on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

!DSPAM:87,505e105863731320414971!