[xep-support] Image compression

Mark Peters markpeters.work at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 05:54:33 PDT 2012

Hi,

My team generates PDF output using XEP 4.10 and the DITA Open Toolkit.
Co-workers complain that 72 DPI images inserted into documents are blurry.
A co-worker recently started inserting 300 DPI images into her source
files. In the PDF output, the images appear to be compressed. The images
are tiny.

Does XEP compress images over a certain resolution? If so, then is there a
corresponding setting that could be adjusted or turned off? I searched the
XEP user guide and other materials, but haven't found a solution.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Senior technical writer