[xep-support] Problem rendering a tagged PDF

Daniel Boughton daniel.r.boughton at rrd.com
Wed Oct 31 08:23:23 PDT 2012

I ran into a problem testing the new version of XEP (version 4.21) when
trying to generate a tagged PDF.  I get two different errors depending on
the environment.

Running under the server configuration I get the error:
    "PDFException - Pdflib internal error. Broken xref. Please report to
manufacturer!.".

Running under Oxygen I get the warning:
   "com.renderx.util.RoleMapConfigurationException: Cannot parse
rolemap.xml: java.net.MalformedURLException: Invalid URL or non-existent
file: rolemap.xml; PDF accessibility turned off!"

I found that change the ROLL_MAP option to use an absolute path <option
name="ROLE_MAP" value="C:\Program Files\RenderX\XEP\rolemap.xml"/>, it
works.

I am assuming that this is a bug because fonts use relative paths and so
does the SPOT_COLOR_TRANSLATION_TABLE option.  Its not a problem using the
absolute path running under Oxygen, but it would be a problem trying to
handle that in our server configuration.

*Daniel Boughton | Technical Analyst IV | RR Donnelley*
W6545 Quality Dr | Greenville, WI 54942
Office: 920.997.3635 | Mobile: 920.450.3581 | Fax: 920.997.3754
daniel.r.boughton at rrd.com<http://inside.rrd.net/insiderrd/pages/google/rrd_google_signature.aspx>
http://www.rrdonnelley.com

!DSPAM:87,5091428963731835264450!