[xep-support] Re: Thai line breaking

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Fri May 6 06:14:34 PDT 2011

At 2011-05-06 08:47 -0400, John Wilcock wrote:
>I am having an issue with Thai line breaking. If a Thai sentence
>(that contains no whitespace) extends past the page width, the
>characters are compressed rather than a line break inserted at an
>appropriate word boundary. Should this work correctly, and if so,
>please can you point me in the direction of what I might be doing incorrectly?
>
>Currently, I am solving this (with the aid of a translation
>resource) by manually inserting whitespace at acceptable word
>boundaries, but this is really not an ideal solution.

Have you tried using the zero-width-space character in your
translation solution instead of a simple space?  The end visual
result appears not to have spaces, yet you will get line breaks
between words because the zero-width-space character is a word-break character.

   ​

I hope this helps.

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/

!DSPAM:87,4dc3f44263731271111301!