[xep-support] Re: Error in the validate process

Michael Sulyaev msulyaev at renderx.com
Thu Feb 3 04:56:04 PST 2011

On 02/01/2011 04:32 PM, Tobias Hanning wrote:
> e.g. almost everytime I get different error messages (I also get the same
> error messages when I use a correct fo-file as input, so it's not the
> xml+xsl process that wrong). When I use the '-valid' flag in the command
> prompt then it works as it should and the PDF-file is generated, so what is
> the problem with the validation process in the 2008 environment? Can anybody
> help me with this problem?

Hello Tobias,

This is the first time anybody reports unstable validation errors. There
is nothing special in 2008 environment.
Validation in XEP is performed with the help of an internal stylesheet
located in lib/xep.jar at com/renderx/xep/folint.xsl. You may unzip and
try it alone.

The fact that you see unstable error messages about invalid empty
attributes makes me think that somehow the values of the attributes do
not get assigned to them before they are read for checking, so the
reason may be located in or between JRE+XMLParser.

I'd say I need to see it in your environment first of all. If you can,
please provide access and send auth data to support at renderx.com.

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev