[xep-support] Two up continuous

Kevin Brown kevin at renderx.com
Wed Jun 24 07:47:41 PDT 2009

Daniel:

Yes we have had a few requests for two-up continuous. It is on our product
marketing requirements list for a future release. XEP 4.16 will be released
shortly and after that we will begin the process of deciding which
functionality makes it into 4.17.

I would welcome an open discussion on this forum if you like ... kind of a
virtual product management meeting. We weigh the time to develop along with
the demand and marketplace

Other items that have been offered in no particular order include:

PDF Annotations

Extended "graphic" support in PDF to include multimedia types (of course
only valid for PDF Formats):

                Flash

                MPEG

                Other video

SVG enhancements

                svg:feOffset

                svg:feBlend

                svg:TextPath

Table markers

XPS Output

XPS Input as a image (actually this is already done at customers as they do
XPS->XEPOUT and that is supported as an image)

PPML Output

XForms Output

Native support for charts or incorporation of a Chart Server component

Support for Indic languages

Of course, this is not a list of all things in 4.17, this is a list of
candidate functionality. Certainly major features like table markers or a
new backend one would find one, maybe two in a release that takes place
every 4 to 5 months.

The disscussion is open to all. Please chime in with your own desired
features, All these requirements are managed on an internal Wiki and I am
the gatekeeper.

Kevin Brown

Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing

RenderX, Inc.

(650) 327-1000 Direct

(650) 328-8008 Fax

(925) 395-1772 Mobile