[xep-support] Long Tables and Titles

Craig S. Booher CraigSBooher at athenet.net
Mon Jun 22 08:28:55 PDT 2009

This is my first post, so please excuse any etiquette breaches.

I'm using XEP Assistant v.4.9 build 20070312 on WINXP/SP3 and the DITA DTD.

Problem:

Whenever a table is longer than one printed page, the table title
appears at the top of an initial page but the table contents don't
display until the beginning of the subsequent page.  I've used:

<xsl:template match="table">
   <fo:block margin="12pt"  id="{generate-id(.)}" >
    <xsl:if test="title">
       <fo:block keep-with-next.within-page="always">
          other stuff
       </fo:block>
    </xsl:if>
    <fo:block keep-with-previous.within-page="always" widows="3"
orphans="3">
       <fo:table width="100%" keep-together.within-column="always"
widows="3" orphans="3">
      other stuff
      </fo:table>
    </fo:block>
 </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

as well as other variations on the keep-with-next/previous property.

Tables shorter than one page have correct placement of title and table
contents (i.e., no page breaks after the title).

Can anyone shed some light on the source of my problem and recommend a
solution?

Thanks.

Craig

--