[xep-support] Custom fonts issue with standard font installation

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Fri Feb 27 05:19:24 PST 2009

Good morning, Angela!

One of the diagnostic steps I take in this regard is to go in Adobe
Reader or Acrobat to the menu "File / Properties" to bring up the
"Document Properties" dialogue box.

On my installation the third tab is "Fonts".

I've had some surprises (usually related to my stylesheet) finding in
this dialogue a list of fonts I was inadvertently using.

Or if I wasn't using them explicitly, how they'd show up from a
graphic file that I included.  If my graphic file is vector/text
based instead of bit image-based, and the graphic makes reference to
fonts that are not referenced in my stylesheet.  But in the resulting
PDF the graphic has triggered the need for embedding.

I hope this helps.

--
XQuery/XSLT training in Prague, CZ 2009-03 http://www.xmlprague.cz
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com