[xep-support] white spaces

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Wed Nov 5 13:01:04 PST 2008

At 2008-11-05 14:09 +0100, Lily Galle wrote:
>Question one:
>If I want to indent one line for „10mm“, what should I doo?

If you mean the first line of a multiple-line paragraph, then use text-indent.

If you mean all lines of a block of lines (even
if there is only one line in the block), then use start-indent.

>Question two:
>I would like put some white space between the Words. Like following:
>                   She                    likes
>                     Apple.
>I could not find out how to do it in “XEP”.
>In “myDocBook.xml” I wrote the code like “&#x20” and it failed.

Use <fo:leader leader-length="25mm"/>

>Question three:
>I need very often to produce some white spaces
>between two lines. The only way I found out in
>“XEP” is:  <literallayout>    </literallayout>
>Are there some other ways to produce white spaces between two lines?

space-before="10mm"

I hope this helps.

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:      Wellington, NZ 2009-01
Video sample lesson:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNjJCh7Ppg