[xep-support] Another Arabic problem (diacritics)

Krister Wicksell krister.wicksell at zert.se
Fri Aug 1 04:56:09 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am back from my summer vacation and have finally had time to continue the
investigation on this subject.

I used FontForge to edit the font I use. I changed the width of the diacritic
waw to zero and it works great. Thanks for all your help!

However I am now facing another problem. My customers texts contains a lot of
O2, CO2 and so on. It works as long as I don't make the 2-character
subscript. When I do that the 2 is moved to the left, 2CO.

A small example:
<fo:block>التي CO<fo:inline vertical-align="sub">2</fo:inline> يُقصد</fo:block>
<fo:block>التي CO2 يُقصد</fo:block>

You can find a PDF at:
http://www.zert.se/temp/arabic-test-20080801.pdf

I guess I can fix this by changing the writing-mode for this word but I think
this is a bad solution since I then must mark all these words in the source
file.

I made a similar test in HTML and this is OK in both IE and Firefox:
يُقصد</div>

Does anyone have a solution for this in XEP.

Best Regards
Krister Wicksell

Zert AB
Hamngatan 7