[xep-support] Content dependent on recto/verso?

Dovid Zalkin dovid at tech-tav.com
Wed Mar 14 10:06:43 PDT 2007

Hi. I need to produce a PDF where each chapter has to end on an even
page. If the last page of the chapter's content falls on an even page,
fine. If not, rather than leaving the page blank, my client wants the
page to consist of underscores, for recording notes, etc., in the
printed version of the PDF. The way I did that was b outputting a
page-sequence at the end of each chapter which contained the
underscores, setting the master-reference to a
repeatable-page-master-alternatives  which only contained an option for
an even page, like this:

                <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="notes">
                        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
    master-reference="notes-even"
                            odd-or-even="even"/>
                </fo:page-sequence-master>

The problem is, this is apparently illegal according to the spec.
Nevertheless, it renders properly. The problem is that I am now
publishing from SiberSafe, and there any error message cause the
publishing to be aborted.
Does anyone know of a different way to achieve the desired result, of
having certain output only if the page is even, and if it is odd then
not having a page at all?
Thank you,
David

--