[xep-support] Formatting failed! error

oliver green oliverhci at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 18:53:25 PDT 2007

Hi,

I just bought XEPWin Desktop and when I try to render a FO file with the
Windows XEP Assistant I
get the error :

"Formatting failed! No connection could be made because the target machine
actively refused it.

I am trying to convert the examples that come with the package. On previous
threads I came across the following suggestion:

"make sure your Cliser service was started. XEPWin is a wrapper around
formatter in java. The core formatter works as a windows service. XEP
Assistant and ActiXEP connect to it via network."

I installed Cliser using instalutil.exe, and I see in as a windows service
set to "Automatic". When  try to start it manually I get the following
message "The Cliser service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some
services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the
Performance Logs and Alerts service". And the service is never
started...what am I missing?