[xep-support] retrieve-position used for 'foo (continued)' label

Brian Sheppard bsheppard at library.wisc.edu
Thu Jul 26 08:29:20 PDT 2007

I'm using a retrieve-marker in an xsl-region-before in the hope of
showing a 'section X continued' label when page breaks occur within
certain blocks or block-containers. Since there's no such thing as a
"first-within-carryover" value for the retrieve-position attribute,
is there any way to do this without sometimes grabbing the first
marker in the current page?

As it is, I'm using "first-including-carryover" so if the page break
occurs between blocks, there is no carryover and the first marker in
the current page displays. As it should, per the spec, but not per my
intent. Does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks,
-Brian

<fo:retrieve-marker
     retrieve-class-name="continued"
     retrieve-position="first-including-carryover"
     retrieve-boundary="page-sequence"/>