[xep-support] xep namespace problem

G. Ken Holman gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Fri Jan 26 10:26:24 PST 2007

At 2007-01-26 11:48 -0600, Chris Chiasson wrote:
>After much teeth gnashing, I have isolated a problem with rendering
>pdfs in XEP Version 4.9 build 20070115 January 15th, 2007 down to this
>simple (modified) fo file:
>
>http://test.chris.chiasson.name/.xep/Untitled2.fo

I'm getting no XML error messages with that file.

>The snipped output of XEP is included at the end of this email. Notice
>the namespaces complaint:
>
>      [xep] [Fatal Error] .data:3:116: The prefix "xmlns" cannot be
>bound to any namespace explicitly; neither can the namespace for
>"xmlns" be bound to any prefix explicitly.

That message tells me that you have the following in your XML:

    xmlns:xmlns="something"

Which would probably just be a typo.  But, given the wording of the
error message, that is what I would look for: the binding of the
prefix named "xmlns" by using "xmlns:".

I hope this helps.

G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman at CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/
Male Cancer Awareness Aug'05  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/f/bc