[xep-support] Cocoon sitemap help (resubmitted)

Greg Newton gregster at uvic.ca
Thu Feb 1 08:24:04 PST 2007

I submitted this earlier, but it seems to have been buried in a thread,
so I'm resubmitting it.

I have a question regarding the use of xep from cocoon. I have a working
version which uses the suggested serializer configuration:

<map:serializer mime-type="application/pdf" name="fo2pdf"
src="com.renderx.xepx.cocoon.Serializer">
   <parameter name="com.renderx.xep.CONFIG" type="string"
value="/path/to/xep.xml"/>
</map:serializer>

But I want to make the "/complete/path/to/xep.xml" relative, like this:
"/relative/path/to/xep.xml".
I've tried the obvious
"./xep.xml"
"xep.xml"
"/xep.xml"
but I get errors which suggest that the attribute
type="string"
is the stumbling block, but I can't find documentation that tells me how
to change this.
So, the question is, can I change
type="string"
to something like
type="variable"
or similar? And if so, can you give me an example of this at work?

A peripheral question in regard to licensing:
Can I have a central installation of xep that many cocoon-based
applications can call? For example, if I install xep in /usr/local/xep/
on a local machine, can I have remote machines running a tomcat stack
(with cocoon) make calls to it for pdf creation? If so, has anyone
written documentation on doing this?