[xep-support] General identifier in XEP configuration file for font paths

Thomas Schraitle tom_schr at web.de
Sat Nov 25 13:38:12 PST 2006

Hi,

On Saturday 25 November 2006 21:41, Chris Ridd wrote:
> On 25/11/06 1:24, Thomas Schraitle <tom_schr at web.de> wrote:
> > I am looking for a more general solution that I can use in my XEP
> > configuration file. An option using on a command line that can switch
> > from one font directory to the other would also help.
> >
> > Any other ideas?
>
> Look at the supplied xep shell script wrapper: it passes a path to
> xep.xml to the processor via the command-line. Mine says:
>
> "$JAVA_HOME/bin/java" \
>         -classpath "$CP" \
>         "-Dcom.renderx.xep.CONFIG=$XEP_HOME/xep.xml" \
>         com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver "$@"
>
> So what you /could/ do is support all your target OSes using one
> package by installing *all* the platform-specific xep.xml files, and
> then changing the script to select a different one depending on uname
> or something.

Thanks for your solution, Chris! :-)

I believe it works. Unfortunatly, I have to use different configuration
files that share a lot of duplicate font-group entries. The only
difference is a different xml:base attribute, for example (omitted config
root element):

---[ xep-a.xml ]---
<fonts xmlns="http://www.renderx.com/XEP/config">
              xml:base="file:///usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype/"
              embed="true" subset="true">
  <!-- ... -->
</fonts>
-------------------

---[ xep-b.xml ]---
<fonts xmlns="http://www.renderx.com/XEP/config">
              xml:base="file:///usr/share/fonts/truetype/"
              embed="true" subset="true">
  <!-- ... -->
</fonts>

If possible, I would like to use /one/ XEP configuration file. However,
this can be done only, if I use a value in xml:base which is, well, more
general. XEP (or the XML parser) lets you define a resolver class for XML
catalogs. Maybe someone has experience in this direction?

Thanks,
Tom

--
Thomas Schraitle