[xep-support] WordML to PDF Issues
AlexB at ukrinvent.com
Thu May 18 08:20:08 PDT 2006
Your problem, most likely, is in the using of localized version of MS Word.
In the WordML2FO product documentation, you can find the following limitation:
If you use localized version of the Microsoft Word to prepare WordML file, some features may be
unsupported. It is caused by specific data storage usage by localized versions of the MS Word.
So, I would like to recommend you to use:
- non-localized version of MS Word (even with appropriate MUI pack applied);
- last version of WordML2FO stylesheets (http://www.renderx.com/tools/word2fo_download_only.html);
- Additionally, if you have newer version of XEP (preferably, 4.5) it would be better to use it instead of 3.8.
If these recommendations, unfortunately, won't solve your problem, I recommend you to send your question to support_AT_renderx.com, and attach your XML (WordML) files to this message.
e-mail: alexb at ukrinvent.com
phone (38 044) 457-87-59
phone (38 044) 457-87-60
From: owner-xep-support at renderx.com [mailto:owner-xep-support at renderx.com] On Behalf Of Sivam Rajaram
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 12:53 PM
To: xep-support at renderx.com
Subject: [xep-support] WordML to PDF Issues
I am having some issues with the wordml to pdf conversion using XEP Engine 3.8 and Word2FO.xsl. When I tried to convert the wordml file to pdf I was getting the following errors/issues.
1. Some wordml files getting the error and no transformation is done. Here is the error message when using XEP.NET assistant.
system-id: file:/C:/Documents and Settings/sivamr/Desktop/CA - Functional Spec V1.2.xml
Attribute 'border-top-width' cannot have a value of "NaNpt".
Attribute 'border-left-width' cannot have a value of "NaNpt".
Attribute 'border-bottom-width' cannot have a value of "NaNpt".
Attribute 'border-right-width' cannot have a value of "NaNpt".
validation: total: 10 errors
Error occured while formatting.
Error occured while transformation.
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System error: -2146233088.
2. The empty spaces and are not maintained in the created pdf file. (See the attached image1.gif)
3. Page breaks are not maintained in the created pdf file.
4. Texts are overlapping. (See the attached image2.gif)
5. Label box text is not centrally aligned as in the Wordml file. (See the attached image3.gif)
I was expecting your answer to solve these issues.
I have attached the screenshot of the created pdf file pages as images.
I have tried with the recent WordML2FO stylesheet but it throws error Attribute 'start-indent' cannot have a value of "NaNpt". The same wordML doument worked with the old WordML2FO stylesheet.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Xep-support