[xep-support] Hyphenation problems with XEP 4.5

Keith - Parenty Reitmeier, Inc. keith at parenty.mb.ca
Mon May 15 11:38:54 PDT 2006

We're having difficulty using our current hyphenation pattern files
with the newest version of XEP. The xml:base seems to be set fine in
xep.xml, (we are pointing it to our server, as we were in 3.8.4). After
reading XEP Support, I thought it must be the encoding of the pattern
files, so I converted them and if needed set the encoding attribute
accordingly in xep.xml. I've tried MacRoman, UTF-8, and the default
Latin-1 to no avail.

Here is the hyphenation section of my xep.xml file

   <languages default-language="en_GB"
xml:base="/Volumes/Client/hyphen/">

     <language name="English (UK)" codes="en en_GB">
       <hyphenation pattern="ukhyphen.tex"/>
     </language>

     <language name="French" codes="fr">
       <hyphenation pattern="frhyph_rx.tex"/>