[xep-support] Re: line break and text-align-last="justify"-Property

Holger Flörke floerke at doctronic.de
Thu May 11 10:40:23 PDT 2006

Hi Alexei,

> General questions about XSL FO are welcome on our public list
> (xep-support at renderx.com). Dedicated support (support at renderx.com) is mainly
> for assistance in integrating RenderX products.
I think this behaviour of RenderX XEP is a bug and therefore I thought I
am right to writing to the support team.

I would like to fill out the last line of a block with dots.

"""
Spalte 1    | Spalte 2 |
Zeile.......|       50 |
"""

This isn't a problem with

"""
<fo:block text-align="left" text-align-last="justify">
Zeile<fo:leader keep-with-previous.within-line="always"
leader-pattern="dots"/></fo:block>
"""

But if I want to generate an explicit line break within the block by
inserting another <fo:block/>, the text-align-last property applies on
the "first"-line, too:
"""
<fo:block text-align="left" text-align-last="justify">
Test<fo:block/>
Zeile<fo:leader keep-with-previous.within-line="always"
leader-pattern="dots"/></fo:block>
"""
results in:
"""
Spalte 1    | Spalte 2 |
T  e   s   t|          |
Zeile.......|       50 |
"""

How do I achieve the following:
"""
Spalte 1    | Spalte 2 |
Test        |          |
Zeile.......|       50 |
"""

Your Solution was:
"""
<fo:block text-align="left">
     Test
    <fo:block text-align-last="justify">Zeile<fo:leader
keep-with-previous.within-line="always" leader-pattern="dots"/></fo:block>
</fo:block>

Transforming your solution from a tagging like
"""
"""
is much more time consuming (for the development phase and during
execution time) than a simple, empty <fo:block/> within another block.

Is this behaviour of XEP with respect to text-align-last a bug or not?

Regards,

HolgeR