[xep-support] page number and page-range

Enrico Raymundo enricor at thedistillery.com.au
Tue May 9 20:58:31 PDT 2006

Hi Eliot,

Thanks for your help.  In a way XEP extensions work if the Table of Contents
is part of the backmatter, not in the Front Matter.  It is definitely a
"back-of-the-book" solution.  I tested it by generating TOC at the front and
at the back.  The front matter BTW I am using XEP 4.4.

One sad fact is RenderX mentioned that:

"In XEP 4.4, <rx:index-item> only search elements preceding them in the
document. No forward references are implemented. This limitation is likely
to persist in future versions of XEP."

I hate to think of doing post-PDF processing after I generated the TOC at
the back-of-the-book; extract and delete the TOC; insert the TOC after the
cover page!!!!!

Enrico Raymundo
The Distillery Pty Ltd
Phone : (02) 6272 0220