[xep-support] page number and page-range

ekimber ekimber at innodata-isogen.com
Tue May 9 07:03:46 PDT 2006

Enrico Raymundo wrote:

> What I want to be able to do is if both beginning and ending page markers
> eventually end up on the same page, I only display a page number rather than
> a page range:  "16" instead of "16 to 16"!

You should be able to do this with the back-of-the-book index support,
either XEP's proprietary extensions, or if it's supported in the release
you're using, the similar XSL-FO 1.1 back-of-the-book index support.
While designed for doing indexes, it can be used for this application
and provides direct support for generating page ranges or single page
numbers as appropriate.

Cheers,

Eliot
--