[xep-support] XEP 4.5: Helvetica-Bold not found

Basant Sachan basantsachan at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 23:57:53 PDT 2006

Keith,

  This is because font-family name 'Helvetica-Bold',  'Times-Bold' and 'Times-Roman' are not defined in your xep.xml configuration file.

  If any font-family used in the document not exist in the xep.xml configuration file, It is replaced by default font-family mentioned in the xep.xml file.

  Check your configuration file and define above missing font-families.

  Hope this will help.

  Thanks
  Basant

"Keith - Parenty Reitmeier, Inc." <keith at parenty.mb.ca> wrote:
  We are getting the following warnings when generating our PDFs:

[warning] could not find any font family matching "'Helvetica-Bold'";
replaced by Helvetica

[II][I][II][III][IV][V][VI][7][8][1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12]
[warning] could not find any font family matching "'Times-Bold'";
replaced by Helvetica
[warning] could not find any font family matching "'Times-Roman'";
replaced by Helvetica

Helvetica-Bold looks fine in the general content of the resulting PDF,
but not in the embedded SVGs. This was not an issue with XEP 3.8.4.
What has changed? And more importantly how do we fix it?

Thanks,
Keith