[xep-support] Problem with large XML files

Neha Parab neha_parab2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 12:22:27 PST 2006

In addition to increasing heap size, try to optimize your code also. Try creating minimal XSL-FO objects in code. Like instead of creating multiple "tables" try handling code inside few tables. Try to remove all unwanted attributes.

  Thanks,

"Brian J. Butler" <bjbutler at bjbsoftware.com> wrote:
  Use the -Xmx switch in your Java invocation.  For example,

java -Xmx1000M ...

This allocates 1GB heap space for your program.

BJB

Matthew Richardson wrote:

Hey all,    I'm having a bit of trouble with XEP giving me a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.  The XML files I'm working with are quite large (26-50MB), but my server  admin has allocated 2GB of RAM to the java runtime environment on a machine  that has 4GB of RAM total. Am a bit confused as to why 2GB of RAM is  insufficient for a 26MB file. Am I doing something else wrong?    I'm cc-ing the server admin, as my role is primarily in XSLT development.    Matthew Richardson, ICPSR      -------------------  (*) To unsubscribe, send a message with words 'unsubscribe xep-support'  in the body of the message to majordomo at renderx.com from the address  you are subscribed from.  (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/terms-of-service.html

--   Brian J. Butler  BJB Software, Inc.  76 Bayberry Lane  Holliston, MA 01746    E-mail: bjbutler at bjbsoftware.com  Web:    http://www.bjbsoftware.com  Phone:  508-429-1441  Fax:    419-710-1867