[xep-support] Merging multiple PDFs into one

Enrico Raymundo enricor at thedistillery.com.au
Wed Apr 26 16:22:43 PDT 2006

Ching,

Would have been nice if we can create a PDF file using XEP from text
(XML-to-FO) that references JPEGs, GIFs, PDFs (either converted from Word or
formats).  I had this requirement where users fill in a HTML form, upload
photos and documents and automatically publish the collection -- form info,
photos (JPEGS) and docs (PDF) are collected in the appendix section, every
page has headers and footers (of course page numbers), there's a table of
contents, bookmarks, hyperlinks, the works!  No problem with importing JPEGs
and when you import PDF you'll only get the first page.  Since we're using
java, we had to split the PDF into several single-page PDF file and import
them one by one using "iText".  One commercial product you can use is BCL
Technologies' easyPDF SDK but you have to use java-com bridge (EZJCOM) or
wait 2 months for full java support they announced in their website.

Enrico Raymundo

The Distillery Pty Ltd

Phone : (02) 6272 0220

Mobile : 0403 490 714