[xep-support] WG: Graphic with text before and after the graphic on one page

uwe.goersch at lhsystems.com uwe.goersch at lhsystems.com
Fri Nov 11 00:19:59 PST 2005

I FORWARD THE FOLLOWING EMAIL ON BEHALF OF MY COLLEAGUE MR. MARC AGGEN, 'marc.aggen at lhsystems.com'. REGARDS, UWE GOERSCH

Hello, I would like to insert on one page a graphic with a text part above the graphic and a text part under the graphic. All text parts and the graphic must be on one page. Depending on how much text exists, the size of the graphic must be adapted accordingly. The size of the graphic and the text passages can be differently big.

At the moment I use this XSL Fragment, but the text under the graphic will always appear on the next page. I have used different instructions but I have had no success.

  <xsl:template match="sheet">

    <fo:block id="{@key}" keep-with-next="always">

      <xsl:if test="preceding-sibling::sheet">

        <xsl:attribute name="break-before">

          <xsl:value-of select="'page'"/>

        </xsl:attribute>

      </xsl:if>

      <xsl:apply-templates select="title"/>

      <fo:block>Other text above the graphic</fo:block>

      <fo:block>

        <fo:external-graphic src="url({@gnbr})" scaling="uniform"

            content-width="scale-to-fit" content-height="scale-to-fit" height="19cm" width="17cm"/>

        </fo:external-graphic>

      </fo:block>

      <xsl:apply-templates select="gdesc"/>

      <fo:block>Other text under the graphic</fo:block>

    </fo:block>

  </xsl:template>

Thanks in advance,

Marc