[xep-support] Tables failing validation but are producing the right end result

James Murphy james at holidayit.com
Mon Nov 7 03:18:04 PST 2005

I need to produce a moderately complicated table (nasty layout issues in
my PDF) - if I skip the validation then it works and the output is
pretty much as expected, but if I do validate I get the following:

  (validate
    [error] Element 'fo:table-body' cannot have non-empty text
descendants here.

I think I can fiddle with things to demonstrate the step that introduces
the problem - but given the lack of depth of my knowledge in this area
(XSL-FO and using XEP) I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to resolve the
problem (or even if its possible so to do).

So rather than just post large lumps of "stuff" where should I start in
attempting to get helped...?

I'm using XEP 3.8.4 on Windows using the current version of the java
runtime.

Regards, James

---
James Murphy
Principal Technologist, Holiday I.T. Ltd, Consett UK
+44 1207 693940