[xep-support] Crop & Bleed understanding...

Martin Snajdr msnajdr at t-online.de
Sat Nov 5 03:40:30 PST 2005

Hello,

I'm new to this XEP-stuff, i used FOP before, but it didn't fit my needs at all.
First of all you should know i'm from germany and primarily working on non-print-stuff,
so please excuse some verbal deficiencies.
My problem:
I have a document of size DIN A4, which means 297mm x 210mm. It has a
nice red border around. So I need some bleed to avoid white "flashes"
(in german these things are called "Blitzer", and a "blitz" is a flash
in english, but i don't know the exact english term for it).
I tried to use these processing instructions:
<xsl:processing-instruction
name="xep-pdf-crop-mark-width">1pt</xsl:processing-instruction>
<xsl:processing-instruction
name="xep-pdf-crop-offset">3mm</xsl:processing-instruction>
<xsl:processing-instruction
name="xep-pdf-bleed">1mm</xsl:processing-instruction>
The result is a page which is 2*3=6mm wider an higher but the red color
doesn't leak into the surrounding space.
How can I do this?
I tried to add additional 3 mm to the actual region-before, region-after
etc. But now my Page is 12mm wider and higher...

I just uploaded the PDF to the following location, maybe you have a look:
http://www1217.s-am7.aman.de/data/test_20051104.pdf

I hope you can help me.

Greets

Martin Snajdr