[xep-support] pdf error with xep 3.6.2

Fusti, Steve steve.fusti at thomson.com
Tue Jun 21 09:45:11 PDT 2005

Hello,

We use XEP 3.6.2 to generate PDF's from FO files, and most of the time,
everything works great.  But occasionally, if we open the generated PDF in
Adobe Acrobat Reader (versions 6 or 7), we receive the following error:

document (18).

After that, some pages display ok, while others are just blank white pages.
It appears that when there are errors, the pages that don't display are
confined to content from specific page-sequences in the FO file.  So for
each page-sequence within the FO, the PDF content either all displays fine,
or all pages are blank.  It does have the correct total number of pages
though.

Then if we reprocess the same FO file, the new PDF works fine.  There does
not seem to be a way to reproduce the problem intentionally, even using an
FO file which generated a bad PDF once.  Does anyone know what the problem
might be?  Thanks!

Steve

Steve Fusti
Software Engineer