[xep-support] EPS Images and true type fonts

Vincent Lambert vlamber1 at matrox.com
Wed Jun 15 11:44:07 PDT 2005

Hello,

We currently working on a manual and we are using XEP as our XSL-FO renderer.
We found out that the EPS files are being rasterized in the pdf generator (which should
really be addressed in the future), so we decided to use PostScript to get our images right, and
then convert them to pdf using Adobe distiller.

The problem here is that when we are converting we get error messages such as :
Arial not found, using Courier.

Obviously, we have it installed. I also came across this part in the manual :
"(about truetype fonts) These fonts are supported by PDF generator module only. PostScript generator can only use
Type 1 and OpenType/CFF fonts (except for CID ones)"

Aren't TrueType and OpenType almost the same thing ? Shouldn't I get an error upon generation to PostScript ? Maybe this problem
isn't related with XEP, but maybe somebody else experienced this problem before.

Thank You in advance.