[xep-support] Pagination problem.

Michael Sulyaev msulyaev at renderx.com
Wed Feb 16 02:37:48 PST 2005

Hello, Anshul.

> I didn’t get any response for the problem stated below. If there
> is no possible method in the renderx which supports this problem,
> can you suggest some PDF text editing tool? We need to add some
> blank pages and insert some pages in the generated PDF.

XSL-FO does not provide any means to implement pagination logic you
described.

If you need to publish just one document, it would probably be easier
to do with Adobe Acrobat, which allows to insert pages in PDF document
and split documents.

Otherwise, if you are trying to build a system which would publish
different documents, there is an approach based on post-processing
of XEP intermediate format (XEPOUT). Write XSLT to split document into
parts according to the rules you specified, change page numbers,
insert pages, and bind parts together. This approach has a drawback:
if you have any fo:page-number-citations, these references will be
broken after inserting blank pages. This can hardly be fixed
automatically.

 Michael Sulyaev                         mailto:msulyaev at renderx.com