[xep-support] XEP fails to load under Resin

Jonathan Gray Jonathan.Gray at agilisys.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 03:33:45 PST 2005

I package XEP resources into a JAR file and include that in my web
application.  Everything works fine under Oracle Application Server but is
failing to work under Resin with the exception below.  I am using XEP 4.1
and deploying to Resin 2.1.13.

I have a jar under WEB-INF/lib/xep-resource.jar which is made up of the
following:

fonts/   (custom fonts + .afm fonts included with the install dir/fonts)

hyphen/   (*.tex files from the install dir/hyphen)

images/   (* files from the install dir/images)

license.xml

xep.xml

The CONFIG property that gets passed into FormatterImpl is
'resource:/xep.xml' and the configuration file for the default font-family
Helvetica has an xml:base of 'fonts/' which works in all environments except
Resin for some reason (see exception below).

Is there any know reason that Resin might treat 'resource:/' differently to
other servers?

Could not instantiate class
[com.renderx.xep.FormatterImpl]; constructor threw exception; nested
exception
is com.renderx.xep.lib.ConfigurationException: Could not obtain font metric
for font family 'Helvetica'
com.renderx.fonts.BadFontDataException: Could not obtain font metric for
font family 'Helvetica'
        at com.renderx.xep.lib.Conf.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.renderx.xep.lib.Conf.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.renderx.xep.lib.Conf.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.renderx.xep.FormatterImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.renderx.xep.FormatterImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
Method)