[xep-support] -quiet option for XEP Ant task?

Andrzej Jan Taramina andrzej at chaeron.com
Mon Dec 5 02:56:27 PST 2005

Hi Craeg:

> I am running XEP via the ant task, and everything works fine except that I
> would like to suppress the verbose output, e.g.:

What are you up to with XEP?  I spent a lot of time on my last project
working with it, so have quite a bit of experience with this product.

The way to control output levels is to install a custom logging handler, if
memory serves.  When running from ant, that might require changes to the ant
task though, as you mentioned. I'm curious as to why you're running from
ant...that wouldn't typically be the case in production?

The serializer I wrote (and donated back to XEP) as part of my cocoon
integration work is attached, and includes a custom XEP logger class.

The key line to install the custom logger is:

formatter = new com.renderx.xep.FormatterImpl( properties, new
CustomXEPLogger() );

Hope this helps...funny to run across you on the XEP list.

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com